1) Information collected from the customer (you) will be used for purposes pertaining to the ordering of products from our site. Such information will not be made available to any persons not associated with The College Association Inc. unless it is mandated by law.
2) Information collected during the ordering process will be information such as your name, shipping address, billing address, phone number, email address, payment method (i.e. credit card number, student id number, credit card expiration date, credit card type and the credit card security code) and the username and password for our site. This information will only be made available to those persons within The College Association Inc. that need this information for payment purposes. Such persons will include but not be limited to accountants, managers, system access operators and store clerks.
3) Other information collected by our site, such as information regarding your IP address, your internet service providers IP and browser platforms will not be known to any persons other than those who access this site for service and maintenance purposes.
4) In the event of any newsletters that you have signed up for, the website coordinator will be in charge of emailing them to the email address that you have listed on file, which in turn is only accessible to any coordinators involved with the maintenance of this site. We may also collect information from a voluntary online survey submitted by the coordinator of the site. Such information will only be shared with those persons within The College Association Inc. on a need-to know basis.
5) In the event that any support is needed for the use of our site, any information collected will be made available only to those individuals within The College Association Inc. that will be involved with any technical support cases. These individuals will include but not be limited to the website coordinator, store clerks, store manager and accountants. In addition we may contact our systems access operator in order to obtain additional input into any problem that may be out of our realm of experience.
6) We will make any and all efforts to keep any personal information on a need-to know basis. It is the responsibility of The College Association Online Bookstore to ensure that your information is kept private and only used within the following guideline:
- We shall identify any purposes for the collection of personal information at the time the information is requested.
- We will only collect, use and disclose personal information with your knowledge and consent, unless it is mandated by law for us to do otherwise. You may withdraw your consent at anytime with reasonable notice.
- We will not disclose any personal information you have given us, unless it is for the purposes in which the information was requested, you were made aware and gave consent, or unless required by law.
- All information will be retained long enough to fulfill the purposes for which it was obtained, unless consent was received by the customer to do otherwise.
- All information dispensed over the phone, unless otherwise requested, will be disposed of as soon as the purposes for which it was collected, are fulfilled.